Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Pretty Pots

This week I have had the honor of swatching and reviewing polishes from Pretty Pots Polish, a new Aussie indie line. All the polishes that I swatched were packed full of glitter and sparkle!

All of the polishes that I am going to show you are available HERE!  :)

"Rosepepper in Sorbet"
A soft shimmery yellow base with rose gold glitter specks. For my swatch I used three thin coats alone. It went on smoothly and had fairy good coverage.

In direct sunlight

With matte top coat

Macro


"Pink Spring"
A pearly pink base with blue and white specks, yellow dots, and blue butterflies. I used two coats over "I Theodora You" by O.P.I. I was expecting to have to do some fishing for the butterflies, as most larger glitters tend to sink to the bottom, but they came out fairly easily with minimal fishing.

Direct sunlight

Matte top coat

Macro

Unfortunately it was at this point that the sun decided to go hide and not come back.. So the next few swatches don't have any out door pictures in the sunlight. I prefer taking pictures in the natural sunlight as it is the perfect amount of lighting and brings out the true colours of the polish (it also mean less editing on my computer for me). I did my best with my indoor lighting to show the polish in the best light and so that they are true to the actual colours. I also got some dodgy outside pictures.   :)


"Dolphin Scales"
Now this one was a crazy glitter bomb. It has a light purple base with different specks and dots of colour including pink, blue, black, and silver. It also has larger silver hex glitter and silver moons. I used two think coats over Australis "Peek-A-Boo."

Inside with flash

Inside

Outside

Macro


"Hurricane Blurple"
This is a sparkly blue-purple mix with tiny glitters and large holo silver diamonds. This one was one of my favorites. This swatch was two thin coats over 'Matte Violetta" by Avon.

Inside

Inside with flash

Inside

Outside

Macro



"Midnight Millions"
Yet another glitter packed polish. Small blue and silver glitter with larger yellow/gold glitters including large dots! I dabbed just one coat over "I Saw... U Saw... We Saw... Warsaw" by O.P.I.

Inside

Outside

Outside

Macro


"Poker Queen of Hearts"
I surprisingly liked this one more than I was expecting to. Again, another super sparkly polish! Filled with all the colours that remind me of Autumn, including black, brown, gold, and red specks of glitter, and red and gold heats. I layered two thin coats over "Warm & Fozzie" by  O.P.I.

Inside with flash

Inside


Outside


"Granny Smith Loves Pearls"
Last one! A soft apple green with a pearly shimmer and black and white specks of glitter. This one was a bit thin, so for my swatch I used 4 coats alone.

Inside with flash

Outside

Outside with matte top coat

Macro


I love how unique all these polishes are, and all the sparkle too!

So go check out the Pretty Pots Etsy store!!

-Bettina