Sunday, 3 August 2014

Chalk Board Style Waterfall Nail Art

I picked up the Ulta3 Black Board Nail Art kit and the Matte Top Coat yesterday, not that I really needed it. I thought it would be a bit of fun since I haven't had much time for nail art recently. The kit comes with a black matte base coat, five pastel striper polishes and a bonus dotting tool. All of these, except the dotting tool, are also available for individual purchase. I also picked up the matte top coat individually.

Lighting: In light box

At first I wasn't sure what I could do because my free hand skills aren't great and striper polishes and I don't often get along. I finally decided to do some water fall nails, chalk board style. I was quite impressed with the matte black base coat. I used two coats and it dried smooth and matte. The yellow striper polish needed a few coats, but most of the other striper polishes were pretty good. I am not a huge fan of using striper polishes as I don't feel like a have a lot of control over them and I can't always get a clean line. But I'm pretty sure that's just me. Everything dried nice and matte, even with out the matte top coat. The first two photos show no top coat.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

These next two photos are with the matte top coat. I was actually quite impressed with this top coat. It dried smooth and matte, with almost no streaking.  I'll have to test it out over a glossy black polish next time to see how well it works then.


Lighting: In light box
Lighting: In light box

-Bettina