Wednesday, 13 August 2014

You're Never too Old to be Young by Glam Polish

You're Never too old to be Young is a collection from Glam Polish featuring 12 fun new shades inspired by some beloved Disney songs from movies old and new. I love the theme of this collection. I am a huge Disney fan. I've been to Disney Land and Disney World in America multiple times and it really is the happiest place on earth. Disney movies have the ability to transport us to another time and place, to make us cry, laugh, and sing along. This collection is a sing along collection! Each shade is inspired by a song from a Disney classic. I ended up singing the songs as I swatched each polish, I'm sure there is no other way to do it! I have 6 of the 12 shades to share with you, so with out further delay, on to the swatches.

"In Summer" - A white crelly with a mix of periwinkle, orchid, aqua, and lavender glitter. Inspired by the song from Frozen, sung by the sweet, heart warming Olaf (watch it HERE). Who doesn't love Olaf?!  For my swatch I used two coats plus a glossy top coat.

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: In light box


"Life's A Happy Song" - A white crelly base with aqua, teal, turquoise, and silver holo glitter. I felt like this polish had a pretty icy appearance and feel to it, yet bubbly and happy. I couldn't help but sing the song from The Muppet Movie that this polish is named after, it is so happy and catchy (watch it HERE)! For my swatch I used two coats plus a glossy top coat.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight


"Pictures in my Head" - A beautiful green holo with a subtle gold shimmer,  inspired by the song sung by Kermit the Frog from the 2011 Muppet movie (watch it HERE). It is a bit of a sad song, but  good one nonetheless. For my swatch I used three thin coats plus a glossy top coat.

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: In light box


"Topsy Turvy" - I love this orchid holo with tiny purple/blue flakies, the colour is simply divine! This polish is inspired by the song from the movie The Hunchback of Notre Dame (watch it HERE). For my swatch I used three thin coats plus a glossy top coat.

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: Inside with flash


"Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah" - My-oh-my, what a wonderful holo. This one is a rose holo with tiny golden flakies and shimmer. Inspired by the song from the movie Song of the South (watch it HERE). The name of this one reminds me of the Splash Mountain ride at Disney Land as I have never actually seen the movie. I can't even remember how many time I have been on that ride, but this is the song that plays at the end of the ride. Very catchy song. For my swatch I used three thin coats plus a glossy top coat.

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Inside with flash

Lighting: Inside with flash


"Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo" -  Probably my favourite from the collection. A clear based glitter topper with a mix of aqua, pink, plum, periwinkle and silver holo glitter with mini stars, shown here over "Zip-a-Dee-Do-Dah."  I love my glitter toppers and this one is such a brilliant mix of colours, shapes and sizes. From a beloved classic, Cinderella (watch it HERE). For my swatch I dabbed on coat over "Zip-a-Dee-Do-Dah" and added a glossy top coat.

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight


I also had to do some glitter placement using this wonderful glitter topper. For my gradient base I used "Baby's Got the Blues" by Miss Ashleigh and 'Wisteria" by Picture Polish. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box


The You're Never too Old to be Young Collection will be available for pre-order from the 13th of August until the official release date on the 20th of August. Glam Polish ships to Australia and USA.

Check out swatches of this collection from other nail bloggers:
Serenity Nails (Part 1),  Serenity Nails (Part 2), Accio Lacquer (Part 1), ErinZi's Nails (Glitters), ErinZi's Nails (Holos).


-Bettina