Tuesday, 29 November 2016

Sienna Bryon Bay Swatches and Nail Art

I was asked if I would sample some nail polishes by Sienna Bryon Bay. It's been awhile since I have swatched any new polishes, so I was absolutely thrilled to be back in the game! I checked out the brand's website and other social media sites and I was very impressed at how the brand was presented. It was clean and professional. This made me very eager to receive my samples so that I could get down to the real business; the nail polish! They arrived beautifully packaged, in an embossed, recycled box. The polish bottles are a nice shape and size. I love that the bottles have a wooden cap. The fact that the boxes are made out of recycled materials and beautiful natural wooden caps nicely ties in with the eco-friendly and curtely free philosophy and values that Sienna Bryon Bay works by. I was sent three beautiful nail polish shades plus their base and top coat. So for all of my swatches I used the base coat, two coats of colour, and then finished with the top coat. 





"Harmony" - A light tropical peach colour. A very creamy textured polish with an opaque formula. On their website this polish is listed under the neutral shades. However, I wouldn't jump to place this polish in a neutral shades category, I would simply classify it as a pastel creme. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight


"Ambrosia" - An English rose nail polish. A slightly more crelly formula than the previous polish, but results in a nice opaque finish. Personally, this was my favourite out of the three polishes that I was sent. It was such an amazing colour, and went so well with my pale skin tone. 

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight


"Blossom" - A mid-tone rose pink. A nice opaque creme formula. When looking at the polishes in their pretty little box this was my favourite polish. I was drawn to the deep, almost-but-not-quite dark pink (however, I preferred the previous polish when on). I really liked this polish and it is the kind of everyday shade that I like to wear.

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: In light box

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight


After swatching the above polish I left it on to see how much wear I could get out of it. It was about a week with some tip wear and a little bit of chipping. This is the type of result that I would expect from any decent nail polish. I don't tend to wear nail polish longer than a week so the fact that I got a weeks wear out of it suits me quite well. The only thing is, do I want to pay $25 for a bottle of nail polish?

I also did some nail art with these polishes...
First up is "Blossom" with some nail vinyls over the top (I can't remember where I got the nail vinyls from, sorry). Instead of using the vinyls as a stencil, painting over them and then peeling it off to reveal the polish underneath I actually left the nail vinyl on and trimmed off the excess. I really liked the gold finish on the nail vinyls combined with the colour of the nail polish. 

Lighting: Direct sunlight

Lighting: Direct sunlight

I thought that "Harmony" would be a good colour to do a gradient with... I was right. I used "Harmony" along with "Sky" by Picture Polish. 

Lighting: Outside shade.


Last but not least, "Ambrosia" stamped with cherry blossoms. I used stamping plate EDM05 by Emily de Molly with white stamping polish. 

Lighting: In light box

-Bettina